A german speaking or rather singing band that is quite known in christian circles in Germany has been crowdfunding over the last 20 days. I am happy to have been able to contribute and yesterday they reached their target. I like that feeling of sowing into someone else’s dream. Don’t you?
So instead of their explanation silencing the man, he only came back with more attacking and dare I say more policing! Of course eventually he quit. Nobody was paying attention anymore. Such a wasted energy!
Anyway. As if it wasn’t nerv wrecking enough to put yourself out there in the first place, I too received a private lecture from someone about “trusting in God alone” and being “pissed off by Christians always asking for money”, “why do you have to do it at all?”
I really want to justify myself and others for once so decided to write a little online letter to the Internet Trolls, the Nitpickers, the know-it-all-better, the acusers and shamers, the never-do-anything… So.
I’m kidding!! Loving your enemies and all doesn’t really mean tear them apart just because their wrong, does it?! It is a waste of energy.
I sure remind myself often!!!
1. Overcome evil with good. It is not that hard. Just make it a habit. Also, receive the joy of frustrating your enemy!
2. Let people talk. Gossipers gossip. Nothing like free publicity. Ha. Enjoy it while it lasts. Soon you will be old news and they will have found a new person to gossip about.
3. Do not mistake the loving rebuke of a friend for accusation. It is not. It can initially feel like it, especially if you have been burnt by trolls before but if they have a history of loving you… believe them! They might just look out for ya!
4. Never stop following your convictions/dreams . We need you to fulfil your dreams. Because it fuels our dreams. Simples.
5. If it is in your power to give. Give! Do it freely. Without coercion or manipulation. We all have something to give to someone. Yes?
6. Don’t stop doing good. Live it up! It looks good on ya.
7. God sees what it costs you. He knows. He rewards well! Remember that. X